Commercial properties are the lifeblood of the American economy. They are responsible for most of the tax revenue that keeps our cities and towns operational. This is why many regulations regarding selling and purchasing commercial properties exist. It’s also no wonder there are over two million commercial properties in the country.
If you own commercial property, you would know how challenging it is to keep up with modern trends. That’s why you must always do your research. If you’re planning to modernize your commercial properties, follow these tips.
One way to modernize your commercial property is to use technology to your advantage. There are various ways technology can help you update your properties. Here are the two most essential.
The United States isn’t free from crime. Millions of property crimes happen in the country, meaning that security is a primary concern for many tenants. Here are some essential security devices you should have in a modernized commercial property:
- Access Control System: People going in and out of your building should be able to do so safely and securely. An access control system can help create a safe environment for tenants by restricting unauthorized visitors, preventing property damage, and stopping crime before it happens.
- CCTV: Security cameras are another vital security device that all modernized commercial properties should have. They’re an effective way to monitor your property, deter criminal activity, and identify suspects if a crime does occur.
Nowadays, many tenants want smart technology in their buildings. Modernizing your commercial property to include smart devices can help attract tenants who desire modern convenience and efficiency. Some essential smart devices you should consider having in your properties are:
- Smart Locks
- Smart Thermostat
- Smart Alarm System
By following these tips, you’ll be able to modernize your commercial property while keeping tenants happy and safe.
Keep Up With Maintenance and Repairs
Another way to modernize your commercial property is by keeping up with maintenance and repairs. This includes fixing leaks, painting walls, and repairing damaged fixtures. By keeping your property in good condition, you’ll not only make it more attractive to potential tenants, but you’ll also be able to charge higher rents.
The layout of your commercial property is essential for both tenants and customers. Make sure the design is functional and easy to navigate. Here are some ways to make your commercial property more functional:
If you have a property near a major road, then it’s essential to have some walkways. This will make it easier for customers to access your property and can help increase traffic. It’s even better to install covered walkways and canopies near your commercial property. This can protect your tenants from inclement weather and even the sun. They will appreciate this from you.
Another vital element of a functional layout is a good parking lot. If your property has enough parking spaces, you could attract more customers and tenants to your building. A well-designed parking lot can also help prevent traffic and accidents on the road.
Disability is a common concern for many tenants, especially when it comes to commercial properties. Therefore, you must make your property disability-friendly. Here are the essentials:
- Wheelchair Ramps: Entrances in your property should have wheelchair ramps, especially since there is a large population of disabled individuals in the United States.
- Accessible Bathrooms: Make sure each bathroom has enough space for a person who uses a wheelchair or other assistive devices. It’s also essential to make these bathrooms ADA-compliant.
- Elevators: If your property has multiple floors, it’s essential to have an elevator for tenants. This will ensure that everyone can access the floor of their choice quickly and safely.
- Handlebars and Grab Bars: Handrails and grab bars can help elderly tenants quickly navigate stairs and other areas of your property.
- Lighting: Make sure your property has enough lighting to make it well-lit at all times. This will help prevent accidents, especially those with poor vision or mobility issues. By following these tips, you’ll be able to modernize your commercial property and provide a safe, functional atmosphere for tenants.
Finally, adding amenities is one of the best ways to modernize your commercial property. This could include things like a gym, a cafe, or a conference room. Adding amenities will not only make your property more attractive to potential tenants, but it will also make it more profitable.
If you own commercial property, keeping up with the times and ensuring your buildings are modern is essential. Following the tips above, you can modernize your commercial property and make it more attractive to potential tenants.